Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Coach W breaks the news...

Tomorrow, I shall post on today's riding lesson. Let me say that my cowpony was more cow then pony, but that's all part of the learning process. He came around in the end, and the workout is good for him.

Tonight, I shall post on my conversation with Coach W about Moon'ers move...

I arrived at the barn, early, and didn't bother wasting time asking W if we were still on for Moon to move to outdoor board at her place at the end of September. This month. 3 weeks from now. Things have been a bit terse with T's boyfriend of late, and I'm kinda feeling the vibe that it's time for a bit of a break...We need this move.

So I ask the question...

W: "Ohhh..."

Me: "Yeah?"

W: "Yeah, um, I'm sorry but I can't offer you outdoor board".

Me: "At all?" *defeated sigh*

W: "Yeah, at all."

Me: "Oh. Okay. *sigh* "

W: "There just isn't any other horses boarding outside, and I can't have him out there all alone. I'd feel terrible".

Me: "I understand. It's okay".

W: "Yeah, that's why I'm splitting one of my box stalls into two tie-stalls, so he can stay inside with everyone else".

Me: "W, I'd love to, but I can't afford to..."

W: "I'm doing it to make myself feel better; it won't cost you anything more. I just couldn't stand the though of him out there all alone."

Me: *mouth drops* "Oh W!"

W: "Are we tacking up or what?"

Me: *tacks up, stunned*

Yup. I'm beyond blessed. Spoiled. Lucky. Thrilled. Moon'er will be inside all winter. Now I just need one blanket. Now I can save for a new saddle. Now I can have my childhood wish come true. Now we can ride and train and improve.

For W, I'm going to make her some custom stall plaques for her ponies. It's the absolute LEAST I can do! : )

Move in: 20 days!!!!!!!! : )

4 comments:

  1. Wow thats great news :) thanks for all the updates :) Good luck with saddle finding/fitting/hunting etc, i know what it is like! my boy is very picky with his saddle fitting :-/ took me about 3-4 diff saddles to finely find one and its a treeless so kinda cheated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome...it's amazing how having the right people in your life can really make a difference! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you both. I nice warm stall for Moon and more money in the saddle fun for you. W must be very fond of you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear that, it is very kind of W to do that for you, Moon can stay nice and snug and you can get more towards your saddle sounds like a win win to me.
    Regards
    Edward

    ReplyDelete