Monday, May 30, 2011

Getting Visual.


So it appears that my camera cord is at work, hence no pictures. I know, I know.

But, I did finally download a video from 2 weeks ago of Tuesday morning when I went for an AM practice ride on Moon.

I watched it a few times over, and it was good since last night I rode him after we changed our approach to getting him on the bit. I could REALLY see in the video just how resistive he was, AND I could really see that I struggled to get his head down. Even then, it didn't last long, and it wasn't particularly low. I'm hoping that I can clean up my camera and take some new video tomorrow morning to compare our progress. Hopefully!

Pardon the quality of these images as well, since they're screen shots of the video. It's all I've got, and I PROMISE, I'll look for that cord tomorrow!

You'll notice that I've changed the header on the blog too. The old image (a video capture as well) was from last summer, when I tossed Moon over his first jump. I guess, a part of me feels like that was us before we started focusing on the quality of our riding. I admit, I'm still chomping at the bit to get to the 'exciting' stuff, but I know that as long as I am, so will Moon. And I REALLY don't need him chomping at the bit anymore!

This new picture, is from the very end of our Tuesday ride, and I don't know. I just think it's cute. And check out my little crop! That was a gift from H, and I just love it. So cute.

So, our first picture, is of the "standard" Moon head carriage. I shouldn't say standard. We're changing this, and I'll now call it, our 'old' head carriage. Mouth a gap, head high...


Then we have, what we managed to achieve two weeks ago. I think we might even be doing better now, but I don't want to be too optimistic...


I'll admit, that I find a lot of my own errors in looking at these. Many Coach W has already pointed out, but sometimes I'm soooo focused on Moon that I forget about correcting myself! My right leg is AWFUL for toeing out. Just horrible. Overall, I think I really bad for having my toes pointing outwards, which makes it look really awkward. I've also got 'chair legs', and in trying to 'grasp the bit on either side of his mouth', I think I have chicken arms, they're REALLY far apart, my hands are turned, my fingers are open, and I tend to ride falling on his neck. But we'll fix me later, right ; )

Here's Mr. Wide Nostrils...


This last one I find interesting, as when I look at it, even though we're at a trot, it kinda looks like he doesn't have any feet on the ground...I'm sure it's an illusion thanks to the quality, but still...


So that's our current image. I'm HOPING the weather continues to surprise, and I get our morning practice in. That'll be two between last class and this one, and hopefully I can get the camera out to that one as well.

One of these days, I need to get around to finally transfering his ownership...

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to give you a virtual fist bump, from someone else who has toes that refuse to point more forward than outward:) Seriously though, I think you guys are looking great. Video is a wonderful teacher:)

    ReplyDelete