Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Springtime Rides.

Out visiting Moon this afternoon, since the weather was nice and I'm trying to maintain my minimum 2 visits per week.

After a good long grooming, I threw a bridle on Moon and went bareback around the yard. I've come to notice that I REALLY need to work on keeping him from inverting, holding his head high and hollowing his back to avoid the bit. He's been absolutely dreadful with that lately, especially when he gets it in his head that he wants to avoid a certain area of the ring or because he wants to run when I want to walk.

I'm going to do some research into methods for correcting this, and hope to have some $$ soon to start him on bi-weekly lessons. We both REALLY need it!

Lastly, Rockin' R Ranch, the folk who bred him, are emailing me a copy of his transfer papers. So pretty soon I can send everything in to AQHA and get the revised registrations. Yippee!

Should be back out Saturday morning for some more training of my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment