Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Still silent.

My horse blog still sits silent.

I haven't really had time to focus much on riding or Mr. Moon. I love him, and it means the world to me to know that he's there in my life. But right now, I just don't have the mental aptitude to put towards much riding.

I'm booked for a little trail ride on Thursday with Chloe, and a fast trail ride with Hilary on Sunday. While neither is going to get Mr. Moon back to the happy condition he was before this whole turmoil (the break-up and the injury), it's something. He surely no longer enjoys being a pasture puff.

Yesterday I went out to feed and held a friend's little girl so she could pet the ponies. I love kids and horses. Seriously love them. So I've offered to let her come back and go for a little lead-line ride. : ) I think they'd both love it.

As for me, I just bide my time. I'm hoping it won't be too much longer before this is all over and I'm able to carry on in my life. Get back to riding before winter is upon us, and I start wussing out.

I'm struggling a lot with the fact that my dog will be spending the winter with my parents. I of course, worry about how they'll feel with the responsibility of caring for her every day. Dogs are a lot of work. That being said, I know they love her and I deeply, and are there for me right now. If I had known sooner that the BF would change his mind about caring for the dog, I would have chosen a dog-friendly place. Too late to go back, instead I must simply focus on the present and deal appropriately.

In that same way, I'm looking forward to the time I'll spend with her. I aim to pick her up often for doggie trips (she loves going swimming with her best friend out at the barn), and my dad has already assured me that A. I'd be out for Football Season, and B. We'd be snowmobiling together this winter. Yes, the dog snowmobile's too. : )

So while she won't be there every morning when I awake, and I know I will miss her dearly, we'll find a way to carry on our partnership. There will be many, many days spent working on the property, which she loves. And soon, come springtime, she and I will get to move "home", to our own farm, and carry on our adventures there.
__________

Early on in the break-up, I made one very profound statement. I turned to my ex-BF and said: "I need my creatures."

And I do.
__________

I hope it's not too much longer until we're set free...

No comments:

Post a Comment