Friday, January 30, 2015

Pointless.

I'm feeling like 90% pointless in my world of ponies these days.

I'm not sure if anyone else has felt this, but despite loving the hell out of Moon, enjoying his company, having a blast on trail rides with my friends, I just...

I feel pointless.

Directionless.

Challenge-less.

While I think getting the kids on ponies this summer will be awesome and a huge part of a new experience I'm looking for, in the mean time...I really just have zero desire to ride for anything more than social reasons.

Our chances of competing again in Moon's life are...slim. Like him and I? I'd give it 95% that we won't. I'm hopeful, dreamy really, that maybe one of the kids would take him to a show or two, but it's not likely to be anything more challenging then what we're already doing.

I'd love to do some more jumping and see if we can actually get some courses under our belt, just for fun. But it's winter here, it's cold and icy and a considering I fell on my arse yesterday because of the conditions, I'm thinking that's a good 3 or 4 months away from now.
______________

Last week H and I took Moon and another horse out on the trails. It was about 10 pm when we left the barn into the freshly snow covered trails. We rode into the park, cantered through the woods bareback in a halter, by only moon light.

Not to sound full of myself, but we've probably mastered enough "trail riding" challenges to make the riding challenge here almost nil. Even when Moon spooks at the other horse's fart.

I mean, he's a horse I can gallop bareback in almost no tack, as fast as his legs can carry him, along a huge field in an area we've never been before with his herd calling in the background and...

It's awesome, but it's not hard.

The problem with me, is that I am 100% goal oriented. And I have no goal. Hell, I can't even dream up a realistic goal.

Just one chick puttering around on a horse.

Ugh. What the hell are we supposed to be doing out there now?!

What am I supposed to be doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment